Sunday, June 17, 2018

Talk to reflection


She was smiling while looking at me

I was standing with astonishment

How can she smile like this?

When my heart is full of disappointments

I asked with my questioning eyes

She scoffed, leaving me in daze

I wondered what’s in her mind

When my heart is so ablaze

She said nothing is permanent

You need to see beyond confined

Sometimes you’re just so obnoxious

Learn to forgive yourself and smile

I said you’re just an image in the mirror

It’s easy for you to talk, easy to advice

But let me tell you one thing

It’s really difficult to ignore what you despise

She said, maybe I’m just a reflection of yours

But, it’s just me who can judge you better

You need to understand first yourself

World is something to comprehend later

I looked at her and thought for a while

Indeed a talk in solitude is worth of time



©Bhawana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Published in Enchanted Garden, Issue 7

  barefoot I root myself back again   --Under the Basho, 17th November 2019 (Modern Haiku)   desculț mă înrădăcinez înapoi d...